Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center
Minority Veterans Program
The Center for Minority Veterans is the Department of Veteran Affairs Model for interagency and intra-agency cooperation, to ensure all veterans receive equal service regardless of race, origin, religion or gender. We are process improvement oriented both internally and externally customer-centric.
- Promoting the use of VA benefits, programs and services by minority veterans.
- Supporting and initiating actives that educate and sensitize internal staff to the unique needs of minority veterans.
- Targeting outreach efforts to minority veterans through community networks.
- Advocate on behalf of minority veterans by identifying gaps in service and make recommendations to improve service delivery within their facilities.
How do we Outreach to Minority Veterans
- Special Emphasis Groups through Community Networks
- Minority Veterans Service Organizations
- Town Hall Meetings
- Stand Downs
For more information, please contact Amy Brunswick, LLMSW, at (906)774-3300 extension 32671.
- Iron Mountain VAMC
- 906-774-3300 Ext. 32671
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm