Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center
OGJVAMC permitting some visitation for inpatients
The Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center is permitting pre-scheduled visitation for Veterans in their longer-term care Community Living Center as well as their fourth floor (4 East) inpatient ward beginning Monday, March 22, 2021. Visits may be scheduled for Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. CT with the following restrictions:
- Scheduled visits must be pre-arranged with the applicable nursing staff.
- One visitor at a time per Veteran/resident.
- Duration of visits will be no more than one hour.
- No visitors under the age of 18.
- Visitors must be screened prior to the visit for fever, any symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or for known exposure to someone with COVID-19.
- Visitor must wear a face mask during visit and maintain social distancing.
Visitors should not come if they are not feeling well, have had any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, or have been exposed to anyone that has COVID-19
To schedule a visit, please call the following applicable numbers between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. CT Monday through Friday:
- For a resident of the Community Living Center call (906) 774 – 3300, Extension
- For an inpatient on the 4 East inpatient ward call (906) 774 – 3300, Extension 32631
VA medical centers nationwide restricted visitors to the Community Living Centers and inpatient units one year ago to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure to Veterans residing as inpatients.