Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center
Current Operating Status
As of Thursday, June 17, 2021 3:56 PM CDT
VA Outpatient Clinics to remain open on Friday, June 18
To recognize Juneteenth, the date marking the effective end of slavery in the United States more than two years after President Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation, President Joseph R. Biden signed a new holiday into law today.
The holiday commemorating the end of slavery is June 19, which falls on a Saturday this year, so it will be observed on a workday. In accordance, most federal agencies will be closed on Friday, June 18.
While some Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center administrative offices will be closed, all outpatient clinics will remain operational on June 18 to ensure veterans have timely access to health care. This decision was made because Veterans are already scheduled that day for medical appointments.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to keep their appointments.
|Oscar G. Johnson VA Medical Center||Normal Hours|
|Hancock, Michigan||Normal Hours|
|Ironwood, Michigan||Normal Hours|
|Marquette, Michigan||Normal Hours|
|Menominee, Michigan||Normal Hours|
|Rhinelander, Wisconsin||Normal Hours|
|Sault St. Marie, Michigan||Normal Hours|
- Emergency: 911
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255 (Press 1)
- 24 Hour Nurse: 906-779-3101
- Change Your Appointment: 906-779-7449 or
- Media Inquiries: 906-774-3300, extension 32001, or 906-221-5189
- National Veterans Helpline: 1-800-507-4571
- Patient Locator: 906-774-3300 x32631 or 1-800-215-8262, x32631
- Pharmacy Refill: 906-774-3300 x32480 or 1-800-555-8262, press 2 then press 1
- Staff Locator: 906-774-3300 x32636
- Telephone Care: Monday-Friday
8:00 am-5:00 pm
Evenings and Weekends
906-774-3300, press 2 then press 5